Karimeen Pollichathu is absolutely delicious South Indian Recipes from lake fishes. One of the popular and evergreen dish from South India.
Lets see how to make Karimeen Pollichathu:
1. Karimeen (Green Chromide) Cleaned – 2
2. Banana leaf / Aluminium foil – Size for cover
1. Ginger Chopped – Half Spoon
2. Garlic Chopped – 1 Spoon
3. Small Onion Chopped – 3 Spoon
4. Tomato Chopped – 1 Nos
Coconut Grated – 1 Glass
Boiled Spinach(Cheera) – 1 Glass
5. Turmeric Powder – Half Spoon
6. Chilli Powder – 1 Spoon (to taste)
7. Salt – To taste
8. Pepper powder – 3 Pinches
9. Curry leaves – One leaf
10. Lemon Juice – 1 Nos
How to prepare
1. Grind Set II items like thick cream to cover the fish.
2. Cover this mix over the fish two sides and please dont forget to fill in the inner stomach area of Karimeen.
3. Pack this fish in cleaned banana leaf (tie with a thread) or aluminium foil (tie with a thread) and keep it for one hour.
4. Put a frying pan on fire with low fire then fry the banana leaf covered pack of fish. Cook it well.
5. If you using Oven, cook it for 20 – 25 mins
6. Remove from Fire and open the packet and ready to serve now.
PS- Do not cook Alumin foil covered fish in frying pan. It is best for Microwave Oven or Grill (Traditional or Non-traditional).