Green gram halwa or okkari is one of the important healthy recipes for kids which is made primarily using green gram. As we know green gram have so many advantages as it is a good source of iron, helps to improve skin cells and also protects from skin cancer.
1. Green Gram – 1 Cup
2. Rava/Semolina – ½ Cup
3. Rice Flour– ½ Cup
4. Grated coconut– 1 Cup
5. Ghee – 4 spoon
6. Jaggery – 2 Cup
7. Cashew nuts – ½ cup
8. Cardamom powder – 1 spoon
How to prepare
1. In a pan add 1 spoon of ghee and fry the green gram.
2. Cook the fried green gram in water until it is soft. Now once it is cooked remove excess water and mashed the green gram into a fine paste and keep aside
3. Now fry the cashew nuts in the pan using a spoon of ghee.
4. Then in a large bottomed vessel add jaggery powder and add ½ cup of water to make the syrup. Bring it to boil, stir it continuously so the jaggery gets dissolved well.
5. Now in the pan add 3 spoon of ghee and fry rava/semolina until it is light brown in color, then add rice flour into it and fry it. Now add coconut gratings into the pan and fry it also.
6. Then add the mashed green gram along with the jaggery syrup and mix it well. Stir it continuously until it is thick so that it is not stick to the bottom of the pan.
7. Now add the fried cashew nuts and the cardamom powder and mix it well. If needed add 1 more spoon of ghee and stir it well until it leaves the sides o the pan
8. And then transfer it to a serving bowl which is greased with ghee. Delicious halwa is ready to serve