Daal Vada / Parippu Vada is from traditional South Indian Recipes
Ingredients Set I
1. Pulse – 150 Grms
2. Black Gram – 150 Grms
3. Gram Pulse – 200 Grms
4. Dry Red Chilli – 3 Nos
5. Curry Leaves – 1 Full
1. Chopped Onion – 3 Nos
2. Chopped Green Chilli – 3 Nos
3. Salt to taste
4. Chopped Ginger
1. Oil (Any oil like your taste)
How to Prepare
1. Wash item 1,2,3 in set I and put it in water for two hours for smoothness.
2. Drain the all pulses from water and grind these along with curry leaves and dry red chilli for 1 min. Now these mix will be like semi crushed and sticky form. Change this mix in to a big bowl.
3. Add all items in the Set II to the bowl.
4. Mix these well with hand or spoon as like your preference.
5. Now the mix for Daal Vada is ready, next we want to make it in round flat shape. For that make it small balls and simply press the balls inside two palms.
6. Set a pan on medium fire and heat the oil, then slowly put flat balls of pulses in to oil. Fry two sides till it red color.
7. Arrange a bowl or basket with wight tissue(to absorb oil)
8. Remove Vada from oil and put in to arranged bowl.
9. Daal Vada is ready to serve with heat or cool
Normally South Indians used Black Tea along with Hot Daal Vada.