It is a simple and delicious and one of the best recipes for making vegetable cutlet that can be served as an evening snack either hot or cool. These cutlets are a combination of vegetables and potatoes and are crispy outside and soft inside. You can either deep fry or shallow fry and have it along with sour dip or chutney.
1. Potatoes – 1-2 Nos
2. Green peas – ½ Cup
3. Carrot – ½ Cup
4. Beans – ½ Cup
5. Green Chilly – 1-2 Nos
6. Ginger – Small Piece
7. Bread Crumps – ½ Cup
8. All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 2 Spoon
9. Small onion – 1 Nos
10. Red Chilly Powder – ½ Spoon
11. Coriander Powder – 1 Spoon
12. Turmeric Powder – ¼ Spoon
13. Coriander leaves (Chopped) – 2 spoon
14. Lemon Juice – 1 spoon
15. Salt – As Required
16. Oil – 2 spoon + as required based or deep frying or shallow frying
How to prepare
1. Boil the potatoes until they are tender. Once cooked, drain the water and let the potatoes cool down. Peel the skin off and mash the potatoes.
2. Finely chop the green vegetables and in a deep saucepan, boil the vegetables and remove the excess water by squeezing it.
3. Now chop the onion into small pieces and heat oil in a pan and fry it for a few minutes, just to turn its color. Then add the ginger garlic paste and fry it for few seconds.
4. To this add the cooked vegetables along with salt as required and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
5. Now add the chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder to it and mix it well.
6. Then add the mashed the potatoes and mix it.
7. Now turn off the flame and add the coriander leaves and bread crumbs and lemon juice mix it and keep the mixture for about 5 minutes and let it cool.
8. In the meantime prepare a smooth batter by mixing all-purpose flour and water in a deep plate.
9. Now take some mixture and make it a round shape as the size of a lemon and flatten it using your hands so as to make patties.
10. Then dip each patty in the batter prepared before and roll in breadcrumbs to make a coat over it. Do the same procedure for the remaining mixture.
11. Now you can fry it, you can choose either deep fry or shallow fry with less oil.
12. Delicious and crispy cutlet is ready and you can serve it hot or warm as an evening snack.