The Chettinad egg curry is a south Indian Recipes which is a spicy curry having a flavorful gravy
1. Eggs – 3 Nos
2. Onion(finely chopped) -2 Nos
3. Tomatoes(mashed) -2 nos
4. Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
5. Coriander seeds – 2 spoon
6. Red chilly – 4- nos
7. Fennel seeds – ½ spoon
8. Cumin seeds – 1 spoon
9. Black pepper seeds – 1 spoon
10. Cardamom – 1-2 nos
11. Cloves – 1-2 Nos
12. Cinnamon stick – a small piece
13. Coconut(grated) – ½ cup
14. Curry leaves – 1 spring
15. Oil 3-4 spoon
16. Salt – As nedded
How to prepare
1. Heat 1 spoon oil in a pan and sauté red chilles and coriander seeds in low flame.
2. When they are roasted well, add the cumin, fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, cardamom and black pepper seeds, sauté them well for about one minute.
3. To it add the grated coconut, sauté it until it is golden brown color. You can feel a nice aroma when it is sauted well.
4. Allow it to cool and grind it into a fine paste in a mixture.
5. Now sauté the onions by adding 2-3 spoons of oil, fry it until it is golden color. Add a little salt so that it sauted easily. When it is fried, add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes.
6. To it add the mashed tomatoes, mix and sauté it well.
7. Now add the ground paste into it and add water as needed, cook it until the gravy thickens. And now add the boiled eggs to it.
8. Tasty egg curry is ready to be served, and you can serve it with rice or chapathi