Ragi(Finger millet) Vattayappam is healthy and simple breakfast recipes or an evening snack.
1. Ragi flour – 4 Cups
2. Coconut Water – 2 Cups
3. Yeast – 1/4 spoon
4. Sugar / Jaggery – 100 grams (can add or reduce qty as per our taste) – If you cannot have sugar then no need to add sugar / jaggery.
5. Grated Coconut – 1 Cup
6. Cardamom – 4 Nos
7. Cashew Nuts – 10 Nos (Or any other nuts for garnish)
8. Kismiss – 15 Nos (For Garnish)
How to Prepare
1. Add Ragi powder in to a big bowl. Then slowly add Coconut water (water inside the coconut), if you dont have enough Coconut water to mix, then u can add water also, but do not add more water because batter should be very thick. Also if you add Jaggery mix then it will add more water in Ragi mix.
2. Now we need to mix Sugar or Jaggery – For Sugar we can add it directly, but for Jaggery we need to dilute it before and mix with the ragi batter but do not increase the water in Ragi mix.
3. Grind the grated coconut, add this to ragi mix.
4. Add Yeast
5. Mix it and close well, now the batter is ready – it will be in thick form / flow like piece. Let this mix for 10 hours.
Tip:- If you are going to make it for breakfast prepare this mix by night / If you planning to make it as snack for evening tea then mix it in the morning.
6. After 10 hrs wen can cook it in steam – open bowl add cardamom powder or crushed cardamom and mix the batter again.
7. Now we can cook it in steam, for that we need a cooker or Idli pot, also choose some bowls / plates that will be fit inside cooker or idli pot.
8. Spread gee inside the small bowls / plates then fill the Ragi batter as quarter portion. Set this bowl inside pot and close well. Cook it for 10-15 min.
9. Take it from pot and let it cool – now we can serve it by cutting any shapes.
1. Ragi for weight loss
2. Ragi for bones
3. Ragi for diabetics
4. Ragi for lowering high cholesterol levels
5. Ragi for relaxation