Red Cheera (spinach) is well known for its health benefits especially it is very good for improving HB count in blood. It is also a very delicious Indian Vegetarian Recipes which you can have with rice and can be prepared easily.
1. Red Cheera(Spinach) chopped – 2-3 Cups
2. Mustard Seeds – ½ Spoon
3. Garlic – 3-4 Nos
4. Green Chilli – 2-3 Nos
5. Small onion – 5-8 Nos
6. Turmeric powder – ¼ Spoon
7. Cumin Seeds – ½ Spoon
8. Grated Coconut – ½ Cup
9. Salt to taste
10. Oil – 2-3 spoon
11. Curry leaves – 1 spring
How to prepare
1. Chop the red cheera (spinach) after washing. Remember, wash cheera (spinach) well, it is better to wash it under the running water.
2. Now take a mixture and crush the garlic, green chilli, small onion, turmeric powder and coconut. Make sure that it is coarsely grind as the small onion, green chilli and garlic are just crushed.
3. Heat oil in a pan and crackle the mustard seeds, and then add the chopped cheera (spinach) and the crushed mixture along with curry leaves and salt.
4. Mix well, cover it using a lid and cook for about 4-5 minutes, open the lid and stir it for 2-3 minutes so that is well dried.
5. Healthy Cheera (Spinach) Thoran is ready to serve and you can have it with rice.