Unniyappam, a traditional Indian food especially a popular snack made in Kerala especially during festivals like Vishu and functions. It is prepared from rice, jaggery and ghee and everyone will love to have it, especially children
1. Rice – 2 Cup
2. Banana – 2 Nos
3. Jaggery – 1 Cup
4. Coconut bits – 3-4 Spoon
5. Cardamom powder – 1 Spoon
6. Baking soda – ¼ Spoon
7. Ghee – 1 Spoon
8. Oil – for deep frying
How to prepare
1. Soak rice in water for around 5-6 hours and drain the excess water.
2. Now grind the soaked rice into a semi coarse batter. To it add the bananas, mashed to a thin paste.
3. Then melt the jaggery and remove the impurities from it. Add it to the batter and mix it well.
4. The batter should have dropping consistency, if needed add the water little by little to make it semi thick.
5. Now take a pan and add a spoon ghee in it and fry the coconut bits.
6. Add the coconut bits, cardamom powder and baking soda into the batter and keep it for atleast 1 hour.
7. Now pour oil in the unniyappam kara/appachatti, when th