Vazhuthanaga(Brinjal) Theeyal is one of the healthy South Indian Recipes which can be made very easily and is really good for health.
1. Vazhuthanga(Brinjal)- 1 Cup
2. Grated Coconut- ½ Cup
3. Coriander Seeds- 4 Spoon
4. Dried Red Chilly- 4-6 Nos
5. Green Chilly- 2 Nos
6. Small Onion- 4 Nos
7. Tamarind Extract- 3-4 Spoon
8. Turmeric Powder-½ Spoon
9. Mustard Seeds- ¼ Spoon
10. Oil- 3-4 Spoon
11. Curry Leaves as required
How to prepare
1. Heat a pan with 1 spoon oil and fry the grated coconut, red chilly, turmeric powder and coriander seeds till golden brown color
2. Grind it in a mixer and keep it aside
3. In the same pan add the remaining oil and splutter the mustard seeds and add the brinjal (cut lengthwise) along with the green chilly (sliced lengthwise into 2 pieces) and small onion (each cut into 2 pieces). Fry it till the brinjal slices becomes soft.
4. Now add the gravy which is kept aside along with the tamarind extract and curry leaves and cover the pan using a lid.
5. When it starts boiling remove the lid and lower the flame so that the gravy becomes thick.
6. When the gravy is thick pour it to serving plate, healthy vazhuthanga(Brinjal) theeyal is ready to serve and you can have it with rice.